The health and well-being of our Empowered Postpartum members and facilitators is our top priority and has guided our decisions during this unprecedented time. As part of our comprehensive plan, we are evaluating our City/State’s situation to determine the best, safest and most responsible way to hold support groups.
Our solution to the challenge of creating the safest environment for our Empowered Postpartum community.
Empowered Postpartum Safe Support Group Standards
Our facilitators will receive extensive training on the new processes and protocols with ongoing evaluations.
During the initial reintroduction of in-person support groups, Adjusting to Motherhood (weekly), Adjusting to Motherhood (monthly) and Taking Care of Mama will be strictly virtual. Walk & Talk Support Groups will be held weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning November 17, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
All participating members must complete the COVID-19 Waiver prior to joining a group. Facilitators will have waivers to sign at the start of group.
SOCIAL/PHYSICAL DISTANCING: We can still participate in meaningful conversation. Just 6 feet away with a mask.
- RESERVE YOUR SPOT in advance on the registration page for Walk & Talk at the Empowered Postpartum website. We are limiting walking group participation to 5 members at a time. The schedule and/or reduced group size will be changing and evolving as things continue to move forward.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: To open up space for your fellow mamas, we ask that you cancel 12 hours or more before Walk & Talk starts.
- LIMIT PERSONAL BELONGINGS please bring only what you need that can fit in your stroller or on your person. Things to bring for you and your baby: hat, sunscreen, hydration, comfortable shoes, snacks, diapers, extra change of clothes for that (un)likely blowout.
WE ARE CONTACT FREE
- REGISTER on the website in advance to secure your spot. Ensure that you have electronically submitted your waivers in advance. Waivers are sent to members who have registered.
- TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER We’re encouraging facilitators and members to limit person-to-person contact, including hugs, high fives, fist bumps, etc. Community and love is deep in our values and philosophy—but for now, we want to ensure that we take care of our Empowered Postpartum community.
- WASH YOUR HANDS and utilize provided disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer as necessary.
- FACE MASKS: Members and children over 2 are required to wear face masks to participate in the Walk & Talk Support Group. No exceptions. If you forget yours, we have disposable ones for you to keep. Children under 2 are not required to wear masks.
CHECK IN WITH YOURSELF
- IF YOU AREN’T FEELING WELL, have a cough, fever or symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the support group for your wellbeing and that of your facilitators and fellow mamas.
- IF YOU HAVE TESTED POSITIVE for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has, we ask that you not participate in the in-person support group for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative.
- WE WILL REQUIRE daily temp and self-health checks for all facilitators. Per CDC Guidelines, individuals with a body temperature greater than 100.4 will be not allowed to participate in the walking group that day.
In the event there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at our Walk & Talk Support Group, notification will be provided via email. Members will be requested to contact and notify Empowered Postpartum staff if they experience or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their last in-person support group visit.
The Empowered Postpartum Safe Support Groups Standard will be updated as we adapt and evaluate existing and new protocols.
This might seem overwhelming, we feel it too. But there is something about coming together as new mamas. We’ll get the opportunity of seeing how we all “do” motherhood in the flesh. We’ll get to support each other through a mid-walk blowout. We’ll get to experience fresh, open air together. We simply “get to.”
Hope to see you there!